Spelling Progress Bulletin. Riter index.
See Bulletin Contents and
Topics; Anthology (best of SPB)
php links go to the web page of that article. pdf links go to the whole bulletin issue. In each pdf file, click on Bookmarks to see the contents list with links. Very short book reviews and very short letters to the editor listed in the Contents are not itemized here.
Daltry. Faith M. What About the Schwa? Jun 1961 pdf. pp2,3.
- Teaching English Speech with PRAC in the Philippines. Summer 1965 pdf. pp16,17.
- The i/t/a and PRAC Compared. Summer 1965 pdf. p17.
Damsteegt. B.C. Spelling and Spelling Reform in the Netherlands. Fall 1976 pdf. pp9-15.
Danylchuk. Donna. Downing: Schools not using reading research. Summer 1979 pdf. pp7,8.
Darreg. Ivor. Language Engineering. What it could do for Us. Dec 1963 pdf. pp7-11.
- Book reviews. Communist Education edited by Edmund J. King. Summer 1964 pdf. p22.
- The Third R in the Age of the Computers. Fall 1964 pdf. pp9,10.
- Book reviews. Anguish Languish by Howard Chace. Winter 1964 pdf. pp16,17.
- Book reviews. Sprechen und Spuren by Dr. Gottfried Rahn. Winter 1964 pdf. pp17,18.
- Book reviews. Deutsche Stenotachygrafenzeitung for January-April 1965. Summer 1965 pdf. p20.
- Loglan - A Logical Language by James Cooke Brown. review. Spring 1967 pdf. p22.
- Book reviews. 3 books by Marshall McLuhan. Summer 1967 pdf. pp20,21.
- Book reviews. The Genesis of Language: A Psycholinguistic Approach ed Frank Smith & George A Miller. Winter 1967 pdf. p16.
- Book reviews. Psycholinguistics: A Book of Readings ed Sol Saporta. Winter 1967 pdf. p17.
- The Psychology of Mastering the Elements of Reading. Notes: Russian and English. Summer 1968 pdf. pp13,14.
- Divide and Join. Fall 1968 pdf. pp5,6.
- Book reviews. The Sound Pattern of English by Noam Chomsky & Morris Halle. Winter 1968 pdf. pp15,16.
- Wealth Amplifiers. Fall 1969 pdf. p17.
- Alphabet-amation (and Optical Character Recognition). Winter 1969 pdf. pp2,3.
- Listening and Speaking Machines. Spring 1970 pdf. pp2,3.
- Automation for Libraries. Spring 1970 pdf. pp13-15.
- Automation for Libraries. part 2. Summer 1970 pdf. pp14-16.
- Néos. a magazine devoted to reforming French Spelling. translated Spring 1974 pdf. pp16-19.
Daughtery. William D. How Accurate are School Testing Programs. Jun 1963 pdf. pp2,3.
Davids. Francis W. Wy Jonnie Cant Spel. Dec 1962 pdf. p4.
Davis. Leo G. See Newsletters.
- An Interesting Letter. Jun 1961 pdf. pp15,16.
- An Analysis of the A.R. Project. Jun 1962 pdf. p16.
- Potential Advantages and Logical Procedures in Spelling Reform. Dec 1962 pdf. pp19,20.
- Reviews of new books. k-a-t spelz cat. N.W. Tune. Dec 1963 pdf. p24.
- Advertisement: Orthografic Reform. Fall 1965 pdf. p22.
- Advertisement: Carlton Press. Inc. Davis-McGuffey scheme. Winter 1965 pdf. p24.
- Book review. The Davis Speller. Spring 1966 pdf. p18.
- Advertisement: Carlton Press. Inc. Davis-McGuffey scheme. Spring 1966 pdf. pp21,22,24.
- Research in Reading. Fall 1966 pdf. p20.
- The Davis-McGuffey Fonetik First Reader. Review. D. Court. Winter 1966 pdf. p24.
- Advertisement. "T-V" PRIMARY ORTHOGRAFY. Winter 1966 pdf. p24.
- Needed: Research in Spelling - not Reading. Summer 1967 pdf. p23.
- Advertisement: Carlton Press. Inc. Davis-McGuffey scheme. Summer 1967 pdf. p24.
- Book Reviews. The Davis-McGuffey Fonetik Second Reader E. E. Arctier. Fall 1967 pdf. p23.
- Advertisement: Carlton Press. Inc. Davis-McGuffey scheme. Fall 1967 pdf. p24.
- Appraising Reading Research. Winter 1968 pdf. pp17,18.
- Book reviews. stAbul inglish. N.W. Tune. Summer 1969 pdf. p17.
- The Ten-Vowel Alfabet. Summer 1969 pdf. p20.
- Wanted = = Crusaders. Fall 1969 pdf. p20.
- Half a Loaf is Better than no Bread at all! Winter 1969 pdf. p9.
- Az we see it. Summer 1971 pdf. pp15.16.
- To Whom it May Concern. Fall 1978 pdf. p15.
- Digrafs & Dipthongs. (and comment by Helen Bonnema) Fall 1979 pdf. p18.
- Financing the SPB. Fall 1980 pdf. p19.Winter 1968 pdf. pp14,15.
Dean. Joan. Teaching reading with Words in Colour. Winter 1964 pdf. pp11-15.
Deans. Reginald. See Journal.
- Illiteracy. Its Cause and Cure. Jun 1962 pdf. pp4,5.
Dewey. Godfrey. See Pamflet.
- Experimental Investigation of Use of a Phonemic Notation for the First Teaching. Jun 1962 pdf. pp2,3.
- The Best Means of Representing the "th-sounds". Mar 1963 pdf. pp16,17.
- Reviews of New Books. English Heterografy, or How We Spell. G. Dewey. The Editors. Jun 1963 pdf. p18.
- Suggested Criteria for an Initial Teaching Medium for English. Mar 1964 pdf. pp11-13.
- The best assignment of oo and uu in a reform of spelling. Mar 1964 pdf. pp13,14.
- A Phonemic Notation as an Initial Teaching Medium. Summer 1964 pdf. pp17,18.
- Oh! (P)shaw. Fall 1966 pdf. p7.
- Illiteracy - Its Cause and Cure. Spring 1968 pdf. pp11,12.
- The Case Against Spelling Reform. Spring 1968 pdf. pp14-16.
- How Phonemic is English Spelling. Spring 1969 pdf. pp10-12.
- Initial Teaching Orthographies. Summer 1969 pdf. pp9-12.
- Book reviews. English Spelling, Roadblock to Reading. H. Bonnema. Spring 1972 pdf. pp18,19.
- World English Spelling. An Alternative Initial Learning Medium. Spring 1978 pdf. pp3-5.
- Do Digraphs Impede Learning. Winter 1978 pdf. p3.
- Relative Frequency of Occurrence as a Factor in the Phonemic and Graphemic Problems of English. Winter 1978 pdf. pp6-8.
- Book review. Relative Frequency of English Spellings. H. Bonnema Bisgard. Winter 1978 pdf. pp18,19.
Dolmatch. Theodore B. Cedric and Celia. Fall 1965 pdf. p15.
- A Publisher Speaks Up. Spring 1967 pdf. pp16,17.
Doman. Glenn. How to/Should you - Teach your Baby to Read. Spring 1965 pdf. pp13-16.
- Book Reviews. How to Teach Your Baby to Read. N.W. Tune. Spring 1965 pdf. pp23,24.
Donaldson. David. A Tragic Tale. Spring 1973 pdf. p4.
Dorr. Frank. A Lot of Thunder vs. a Little Sound. Summer 1964 pdf. pp13-16.
Downey. Matthew T. The Coming Revolution in Education. Spring 1967 pdf. pp18,19.
- The Augmented Roman Alphabet Experiment in Systematized Spelling. Dec 1961 pdf. pp7,8.
- "tw bee or not to be", book review. Oct 1962 pdf. pp21-23.
- A University of London Institute Report. Dec 1962 pdf. pp7-12.
- Book Reviews. The i.t.a. Reading Experiment. N.W. Tune. Summer 1964 pdf. p21.
- Book Reviews. the douning reeding sceem. H. Bowyer. Summer 1965 pdf. pp18,19.
- Book Reviews. An Evaluation of the Initial Teaching Alphabet. N.W. Tune. Summer 1968 pdf. p17.
- Self Discovery, Self Expression and Self Image in the i.t.a. classroom. Fall 1968 pdf. pp2-4.
- Look-Say and Phonics are both Obsolete. Summer 1969 pdf. p8.
- British and B.C. Teachers agree i.t.a. is better. Summer 1971 pdf. pp9-12.
- Initial Teaching Alphabet: Results after Six Years. Fall 1971 pdf. pp7-9.
- Spelling Irregularity and Reading Difficulty in English: A Re-examination. Fall 1972 pdf. pp2-4.
- slingz and arroes. Winter 1972 pdf. pp5,6.
- Book reviews. Comparative Reading, Cross-National Studies of Behavior and Processes in Reading and Writing. J. Downing. N.W. Tune. Spring 1973 pdf. p15.
- The Bullock Report Says: Take Another Look at i.t.a. Winter 1975 pdf. pp2,3.
- Book review. Learning to Read with Understanding. G. Hildreth. Spring 1977 pdf. p20.
- The probability of failure in i.t.a. and t.o. Summer 1978 pdf. pp12-15.
- Linguistic Awareness. English Orthography & Reading Instruction. Fall 1979 pdf. pp5-10.
- Second SSS Conference: Research on Spelling Reform. Spring 1980. pp8,9.
- Book review. Reading and Reasoning. N.W. Tune. Spring 1981 pdf. pp18,19.
- Third SSS Conference: Spelling reform - Let's be practical. Fall 1982. p20.
Doyle. Roy P. Spelling Skill as a By-product of Instruction in Reading. Oct 1962 pdf. pp5,6.
Dropout. Timmie A. A Letter to Grandpa. Spring 1981. p20.
Duke of Edinburgh. HRH Prince Philip. Third SSS Conference: Message from the Patron. Spring 1982. p6.
Durdin. Tillman. Peking is Stressing Latinized Alphabet in Sinkiang. Fall 1974 pdf. p16.
Duxbury. Maj. John N. i.t.a. in Adult Remedial Education. Summer 1965 pdf. pp9,10.