Spelling Progress Bulletin. Riter index.
See Bulletin Contents and
Topics; Anthology (best of SPB)
php links go to the web page of that article. pdf links go to the whole bulletin issue. In each pdf file, click on Bookmarks to see the contents list with links. Very short book reviews and very short letters to the editor listed in the Contents are not itemized here.
Iles. Betty Lou Allen. One Teacher's Experience with an Initial Teaching Alphabet in First Grade. Spring 1966 pdf. pp13-15.
- Simplified Spelling, Phonetic Alphabets, and their application to the teaching of reading, M.S. Thesis pt 1. Abstract. acknowledgements. Fall 1970 pdf. p2.
- Chapter I. The Problem and Definitions used. Fall 1970 pdf. pp2,3.
- Chapter II. Review of the Literature. Fall 1970 pdf. pp3-6.
- Chapter III. History of Methods of Teaching Beginning Reading. Fall 1970 pdf. pp6-11.
- Chapter IV. Early Attempts at Spelling Reform. & Supplementing the Alphabet as an Aid in Teaching Reading. Fall 1970 pdf. pp13 et al.
- M.S. Thesis pt II. Chapter V. Sir James Pitman and the Initial Teaching Alphabet. Winter 1970 pdf. pp2-13.
- Chapter VI. Summary and conclusions. Winter 1970 pdf. pp2-13.
- Bibliography: books. periodicals. other. Winter 1970 pdf. pp13-15.
- Appendices. Winter 1970 pdf. pp15-24
- The Effects of T.O. and i.t.a. on Reading and Spelling Skills of Elementary School Children. Ed.D. Thesis. Winter 1974 pdf. pp2-15.
Irvine. Patricia McCune. If You're Not a Spelling Genius. Beware of Friday. Fall 1981 pdf. pp14,15.
- Cultural Lag and Prematurity; The Case of English Spelling. Spring 1979 pdf. pp17,18.
- Acceptability of Proposed Spelling Reforms. Summer 1979 pdf. pp14,15.
- Book review. Written Dialects n Spelling Reforms. K H. Ives. H. Bonnema Bisgard. Winter 1979. p20.
- Acceptable to Whom? How Progressives and Reformers View Spelling Reform. Fall 1979 pdf. p17.
- Principles for an Economy Spelling System.
Winter 1980 pdf. pp18-20.