Spelling Progress Bulletin. Riter index.
See Bulletin Contents and
Topics; Anthology (best of SPB)
php links go to the web page of that article. pdf links go to the whole bulletin issue. In each pdf file, click on Bookmarks to see the contents list with links. Very short book reviews and very short letters to the editor listed in the Contents are not itemized here.
Pacey. Ann. Babies write a new social code. Summer 1970 pdf. pp9,10.
- A Black Mark for Teacher. Summer 1970 pdf. pp11,12.
Pahrman. William H. Case Histories of Remedial Reading Instruction in the Penitentiary. Summer 1967 pdf. pp10-12.
- The Remedial Reading Program for Basic Adult Education at Oregon State Penitentiary. Fall 1967 pdf. pp4-7.
Papailiou. Pauline & Jason. Laraine. Spelling Reform: A Comparative Study of Chief Executive Officers' and Personnel Directors' Spelling Preference. M.A. Thesis. Spring 1981 pdf. pp2-17.
Paulsen. Victor Perry. Reviews of new books. Torskript. N.W. Tune. Dec 1963 pdf. p23.
- Torskript Trak5. Advertisement. Mar 1964 pdf. pp25,26
- Participants in the 1979 SSS Conf. on Reading & Spelling. Nene College. Foto. Summer 1980. p13.
- Participants in the 1979 SSS Conference on Reading & Spelling. Fotos. Fall 1980. pp2-4.
- The Cultural Impediments of English Orthography. Fall 1980. pp4-7.
Pei. Mario. Book reviews. The Many Hues of English & The Story of the English Language. Abraham Tauber. Winter 1967 pdf. pp14,15.
- A Preface to the book by Abraham Tauber. Better English thru Simplified Spelling Reform. A History of Spelling Reform. Spring 1968 pdf. pp18,19.
- Book review. Dictionary of Foreign Terms, Mario Pei & Salvatore Ramondino. N.W. Tune. Spring 1975 pdf. p17.
Perin. Dolorez. Third SSS Conference: Spelling difficulty in school leavers and adults. Fall 1982. p2.
Perry. Jr. Joseph A. Phoneme and Supralect. Spring 1975 pdf. pp9-11.
Phillips. Charles M. Illiteracy: a short cut to crime. Summer 1976. p1.
Pidgeon. Douglas. Evidence Submitted to the Bullock Committee of Inquiry into Reading and the use of English by the i.t.a. Foundation. Fall 1973 pdf. pp7-11.
- Book review. Evidence Submitted to the Bullock Committee of Inquiry into Reading and the use of English. D. A. Pidgeon. Spring 1973 pdf. p15.
- A Summary Analysis of Chp. 6 & 7 of the Bullock Report. Spring 1976 pdf. pp4,5.
Pierson. Raymond H. Book review. 2500 Spanish Idioms. Allan Ward. Summer 1977 pdf. p20.
- Does Practice Make Perfect? Summer 1979 pdf. pp12,13.
- A Letter to Senator George McGovern. Fall 1980. pp17,18.
Pitman. Sir James. See Journals.
- Some Thoughts on the Use of the A.R. Alphabet. Mar 1962 pdf. pp11-16.
- Pitman Explains. Jun 1963 pdf. p20.
- Two Years of the i/t/a in England. Dec 1963 pdf. pp15-20.
- Teaching the Deaf. Mar 1964 pdf. pp3-5.
- Maximizing Simplicity and Similarity with General Suitability of Standard Print Forms. Summer 1964 pdf. pp2-7.
- An English Teaching Alphabet. Spring 1966 pdf. p20.
- An Appreciation of the i.t.a. Symposium. Summer 1967 pdf. pp4-7.
- The Treatment of Language Sounds and Spelling in the Design of an Initial Teaching Alphabet. Spring 1968 pdf. pp3-5.
- The Benefit of Relating all the Senses: Seeing. Feeling. & Hearing in the Teaching of Language. Summer 1968 pdf. pp2-6.
- Book reviews. Alphabets and Reading. N.W. Tune. Summer 1969 pdf. p16.
- Book Reviews. Reactions to the findings in the book by Warburton and Southgate. Winter 1969 pdf. pp16-19.
- The Importance of Medium and Motivation in the Learning of English as a Foreign Language. Spring 1974 pdf. pp11-15.
- English Around the World: a General Question. Fall 1974 pdf. pp3,4.
- Oracy and Literacy. Fall 1974 pdf. pp7-12.
- Some Principles Governing any Intended Improvement of the Visible language of English. Spring 1975 pdf. pp2-4.
- The Drawbacks of Traditional Orthography. Fall 1975 pdf. pp12-14.
- The Confusions of Traditional Orthography in Learning to Read - and How they Can be Removed. Spring 1976 pdf. pp2.3.
- Language for International Communication - One or Two? Spring 1977 pdf. pp2-9.
- Why Digraphs Impede Learning. Winter 1978 pdf. pp2,3.
- Rejoinder to Dewey's Arguments. Winter 1978 pdf. pp4,5.
- Helping the Foreigner to Learn English. Summer 1979 pdf. pp2-6,20.
- Spelling Reform or Learning Reform? Summer 1979 pdf. p20.
- What do we really need in teaching reading? Spring 1980. pp16-18.
- A Summary of Ten Disasters to English Literacy. Winter 1981 pdf. pp17.18.
Porter. Mickey. Can Yioux Say Sault? Spring 1976 pdf. p10.
Powell. William R. Reading Measurement: American and British Style. Summer 1964 pdf. pp7-9,12.
Psikhss. Chychse T. Braud Inglish Spelling. Summer 1966 pdf. p10.
Pushpanadham. K. Causes for the
common mistakes in English.
Spring 1973 pdf. pp5,6.