Spelling Progress Bulletin. Riter index.
See Bulletin Contents and
Topics; Anthology (best of SPB)
php links go to the web page of that article. pdf links go to the whole bulletin issue. In each pdf file, click on Bookmarks to see the contents list with links. Very short book reviews and very short letters to the editor listed in the Contents are not itemized here.
Scragg. D.G. See Journals.
- Second SSS Conference: Analogy in English Spelling. Winter 1979. p19.
Seegay. Samuel C. all - or nothing - for johnny. Dec 1961 pdf. pp17,18.
- A Dedicated Spelling Reformer's Answer to Pitman's Augmented Roman Alphabet. Jun 1962. pp16-18.
- If You Have Tears - report. Oct 1962 pdf. p26.
- The Dime that Brought Two Million Dollar Smiles. Fall 1964 pdf. pp12,13.
Seegay. Samuel C. & Tune. Newell W. Selecting Alphabet Symbols for English Speech Sounds. Mar 1963 pdf. pp20-23.
Seymour. P.H.K. See Media.
- Third SSS Conference: Psychological Processes in Spelling Recognition and Production. Spring 1982. pp9.10.
Seysmith. Robert. See News.
- The Spelling Game. Fall 1979. pp2,3.
- Assimilation vs. Etymology. Winter 1980 pdf. p5.
Shaw. George Bernard. See Journal.
- The Problem of a Common Language. from Atlantic Monthly. Spring 1979 pdf. pp5,6.
- Correspondence relative to Simplification and Rationalization of Spelling: a letter to Robert Bridges. Fall 1979 pdf. pp3.4.
Shepard. John P. I Wish I knew the Rule. Dec 1962 pdf. p21.
Sinclair. Upton. A Letter to President Kennedy. Oct 1962 pdf. p25.
Smelt. E. D. HOW to Learn to Spell. Spring 1972 pdf. pp5-9.
Smith. Barbara. Third SSS Conference: Spelling Errors Made by 8-11 year old Pupils. Spring 1982. pp10-12.
Smith. J. M. What Phonics Should We Teach? Spring 1970 pdf. pp4,5.
Smith. John. Scenes on a Playground - English Orthography Illustrated. Spring 1968 pdf. p16.
Smith. Philip T. Second SSS Conference: In Defence of Conservatism in English Orthography. Summer 1980. pp14-17.
Smoker. Barbara. GBS and the ABC. Summer 1970 pdf. pp2-4.
Snowling. Margaret. Third SSS Conference: The Spelling of Nasal Clusters by Dyslexic & Normal Children. Spring 1982. pp13-18.
Sparkman. Brandon B. Problems and Promises in Reading Instruction. Spring 1978 pdf. pp7-9.
SSS Conference Secretary. First International Conference of the Simplified Spelling Society. Spring 1975. pp18,13.
SSS Secretary. SSS Second International Conference. Spring 1977. p1.
- Announcements. SSS 1977 International conference cancelled. The Spelling Circle. Fall 1977 pdf. p1.
Starrett. Edmund V. The Principles of Reforming Our Spelling. Winter 1983. pp2-8.
Stevens. Elmer. Salutatory (skool daze). from Boken by Geo. Shelly Hughs. Summer 1977 pdf. p19.
Stevenson. George W. Phonemic Spelling, a Linguistic Dilema. Oct 1963 pdf. p9.
- Why Johnny Could Spell. Dec 1963 pdf. p6.
Stevenson. Gil W. What Must We Change? Spring 1971 pdf. p16.
- Are Phonemes Real? (experiments in assembled speech). Spring 1975 pdf. pp11-13.
Stewart. Rebecca. i/t/a and the Second Grade Curriculum. Winter 1965 pdf. pp13,14.
Stolee. Peter B. Letteritis (the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life). Spring 1977 pdf. pp18.19.
- A Fairer Opportunity for English-Speaking Pupils. Fall 1978 pdf. pp19,20.
Stowe. Ivor F. & Everingham. Douglas. Dr. Critchley on Dyslexia. Summer 1973 pdf. p2.
Sweet. Waldo E. Programmed Learning. Winter 1968 pdf. p12.