Index of SSS Journal authors from 1985
Author names are marked in bold for articles and
in italics for articles about them and reviews by or about them.
Journals are indicated by Jnumber, year/number-in-year, page numbers, e.g. J9 1988/3 pp7-11.
See also: Journal topics, Journal summary, Articles by theme, Newsletters, Pamflets and Personal Views.
Savant, M. vos. 'The art of spelling' review by Bett S. J29 2001/1 p32.
Schramm, B. 'Sounds and Symbols in American English: Keys to Phonics and Spelling Patterns' review by Bett S. J23 1998/1 p31.
Scragg, D. See Bulletins.
- English Spelling & its Reform: Some Observations from a Historical Perspective J11 1989/2 pp4-8.
- English spelling and the Norman Conquest. J30 2002/1 p34.
Scragg, D. Profile of new SSS President J8 1988/2 p4.
Scragg, D. Tribute to retiring SSS President J32 2003/1 p22.
Seeley, C. The 20th Century Japanese Writing System: Reform & Change J19 1995/2 pp27-29.
Shaeffer, N. Spelling systems have always been mixes ... J31 2002/2 pp31-34.
- 'The simplification and rationalization of the notation of sounds' J31 2002/2 pp9,10.
Shipley, S. Spelling the Chicago 'Tribune' Way, 1934-1975, Part I J24 1998/2 pp3-10.
- Spelling the Chicago 'Tribune' Way, 1934-1975, Part II J25 1999/1 pp3-10.
- Spelling the Chicago 'Tribune' Way, 1934-1975, Part III J26 1999/2 pp16-19.
Simon, Lord. House of Lords, J5 p4.
Skelton, J. Sound & symbol: the case of Romaji J7 1988/1 pp23-24.
Sliwka, H.-R. Reform of Chemical Language as a Model for Spelling Reform. J32 2003/1 pp24-28.
Smith, B. Teaching Spelling, review by Hutchins J. J20 1996/1 pp28-29.
Smith, E. See Newsletters.
- Morphophonematic orthography J4 1987/1 pp11-17.
Predictive Models of Spelling Behaviour in 7- & 11-year-olds J24 1998/2 pp23-27.
Stark, D. See Newsletters.
- Phonics & spelling J2 1986/1 pp27-28.
- Standardised spelling pronunciation J3 1986/2 pp27-28.
- Escaping from a dialect straitjacket-1 J4 1987/1 pp27-28.
- Escaping from a dialect straitjacket-2 J5 1987/2 pp30-31.
- Defining a literary phonetic standard for world English J7 1988/1 p17.
- Implementing Spelling Reform-1 J10 1989/1 pp19-20.
- Implementing Spelling Reform - 2 J11 1989/2 pp22-24.
Strange, J J. & Black, J B. An evaluation of the effectiveness of Sound-Speler and fonetic English in increasing literacy skills J17 p34.
Stubbs, M. 'The Synchronic Organisation of English Spelling' review by Rondthaler E. J8 1988/2.